It is possible to provide more interesting presentations using Google Slides and a voiceover. Presenting without a voiceover is a missed opportunity once you know how to do one in Google Slides. For this reason, we’ve compiled this post to show you the distinct approaches to adding a voiceover to your Google Slides presentation. We will try to find the answer to the question of how to add voice-over to google slides here.
Using a voice recorder to create a voiceover in Google Slides
In this approach, the voiceover can be recorded independently and then incorporated into the Google Slides presentation. Since Google Slides doesn’t have an in-built audio recorder, you’ll need to use some other kind of audio/video recording program to capture your voiceovers.
There is a plethora of choices when it comes to voice recorders on the web. Rev, Audacity, and Vocaroo are some of the most well-known voice recording apps. To get started, pick any of the following voice recording applications. This is indeed the best answer to how to add voice-over to google slides.
Step 1: First, you’ll want to capture the voiceovers.
After settling on a voice recording app, the next step is to have your script ready and record some test sessions. You can use these to fine-tune your videos. Your voiceover can be recorded at your convenience and saved in either mp3 or .wav format for later use. Given that Google Slides only works with the aforementioned file types, you must grab your audio in one of those.
Step 2: Save the file to Google Drive.
- The audio recording can now be saved to Google Drive.
- You can upload files to your Google Drive by going to your account and clicking the “New” button.
- Instructions for adding a voiceover to a Google Slides presentation by uploading an image file.
- A copy of the document will be sent to your Google Drive.
Step 3: Let anyone who wants to listen to it download it.
- Ensure that everyone can hear the audio file before adding it to your Google Slides presentation.
- To do so, right-click on your audio file, pick ‘Share’ and click on ‘Change to anybody with the link’ so that anyone on the internet can access the music.
- When you are finished, select the ‘Done’ button.
Step 4: Include the sound file in your Google Slides presentation.
- You may now effortlessly link the audio file to your Google Slides presentation. A Google slide requiring a voiceover should be opened.
- Select “Audio” from the “Insert” menu.
- If you want to add an audio file, navigate to the one you want to use and click the “Select” button.
- After you record voiceovers into your Google Slides presentation, the speaker symbol will display on each slide. The sound starts up when you click on it.
- You can move the speaker symbol to a new location by dragging it.
Step 5: Adjust preferences and preview your work.
- Google Slides also allows you to adjust the volume of your voiceovers.
- Select the microphone icon, then choose Format from the toolbar’s Format menu. A dialogue window would appear that lets you set your settings just for you.
- To have the sound start playing automatically whenever you open the slide, use the “start playing automatically” radio button.
- Just click to listen: Check the “start playing on click” box if you want the sound to begin playing only when the player is activated by a mouse click.
The above is the perfect answer to how to add voice-over to google slides.
Using Vmaker for the Voiceover
Using this, you can record voiceovers to play over your camera as you present Google Slides. Once you’ve recorded yourself giving the presentation, feel free to circulate it around. The internet is rife with screen capture applications. You are free to use whichever of the many available web-based screen recorders best meets your needs.
To improve your voiceover recordings, you can annotate the screen while using a screen recorder. Most screen recording software also includes an editor, so you can quickly trim down any extraneous dialogue as you go. We can use the powerful and user-friendly Vmaker software to guide you through the procedure.
Step 1: Create a Vmaker account.
- Get yourself registered on Vmaker’s main page. Both a Chrome extension and a native Mac application are offered for this screen recording software.
- While the Mac app may be downloaded directly from Vmaker’s homepage, the Chrome extension is available through the Chrome Web Store.
- You should practice your voiceover several times before you record it for real. To achieve this, simply go to your Vmaker account and select the “start recording” button.
Step 2: Perform the Recording
- Open the Google Slides presentation that requires a voice-over when you’re ready to begin recording.
- Select ‘Start Recording’ when the Vmaker icon appears in your browser to begin recording the voiceover.
- Furthermore, you have the option to tailor the experience to your tastes.
Step 3: Revise and distribute
- As soon as you’ve finished recording your voiceovers, use the “Edit” button to begin the editing process.
- To cut out any extraneous parts of your recording, you will be taken to Vmaker’s built-in editing suite.
- When you’re done making adjustments, just save the edited video in the format of your choice and send it to anyone who needs to see it.
We have seen above the possible answers to how to add voice-over to google slides. These voiceover programs utilize AI to generate natural-sounding voiceovers directly from the text. As a result, it takes just seconds to go from a voiceover script to a finished product with a professional voice actor reading the lines. The voiceovers can be customized in terms of volume, pitch, and breathing to suit your needs. People might save a lot of time and money as a result of this.