Sioux Falls may not be the first city in mind when you are planning a getaway with your kids, but it is a sure place that will help them appreciate nature and the great outdoors. To know what activities you can do in Sioux Falls will offer for your entire family by reading the details below.
Family Park Sioux Falls
One place that you should not miss visiting with your kids when you are in Sioux Falls is the Family Park. It is the collaborative result of the City of Sioux Falls, South Dakota Department of Game Fish and Parks, as well as the Soukup Family. As its name suggests, it is a park designed to be family-friendly and offers several fun activities you can do in Sioux Falls with your children.
The park is half a mile away from the 12th Street and Tea-Ellis Road. It is a 90-acre park with expansive walking trails, 2 picnic shelters, fishing docks, a boat ramp, and 2 stocked fishing ponds. You and your kids can enjoy catching fishes such as northern, crappies, bass, and trout.
It is also dog-friendly with a 3-acre off-leash area that is fully fenced. For safety purposes, the park decided to separate the small dogs from the bigger ones by allocating their own play areas. This way, all the family members are sure to enjoy a day’s visit to this place.
Activities for Kids in Sioux Falls Kids
There are tons of activities that you and your kids can enjoy while in Sioux Falls. Here are some of them:
- Butterfly House & Aquarium – There are over 800 free-flying butterflies from different parts of the world in this conservatory. They also have a diverse population of marine animals such as corals, jellies, and fisheries in 12 expansive aquarium habitats.
- Great Plains Zoo & Delbridge Museum of Natural History – This zoo is home to over 100o animals from 137 species. 24 of these species are considered endangered. You kids can meet giraffes, primates, bears, rhinos, and tigers.
- Falls Park – Falls Park has a magnificent view of waterfalls over tiers of Sioux quartz. Families can enjoy a relaxing stroll while taking in the beauty of nature.
Disney on Ice Sioux Falls SD
If your kids are Disney fans, they will surely enjoy Disney on Ice: World of Enhancement in Sioux Falls from November 21 to 24 2020. They will see Elsa and Anna up close as well as Mickey, Buzz Lightyear, and even Lightning McQueen. For your kids, this can be the most magical and memorable experience in their childhood.
If you reside abroad and you are looking to travel to the United States to visit Sioux Falls, make sure to prepare your ESTA Visa America ahead of time to have a stress-free vacation. The US ESTA, which is short for Electronic System for Travel Authorization, is granted to citizens who belong under the Visa Waiver Program who intend to stay in the US for under 90 days.
There is no excuse for you not to get you ESTA documentation because it is designed to be both convenient and accessible. All you have to do is fill up the application online and attach the documents needed, such as a copy of your valid passport, pay for the fees, and wait for the approval.
The result of whether your application is approved or denied will be given in 72 hours. You might need to submit additional documents in some cases, so better apply at least 1 month before your travel date to avoid needing to rebook and incur fees from missed reservations.
Family Restaurant in Sioux Falls SD
You should not leave Sioux Falls without tasting some of the best food spots in the city. Below are some of them:
- Phillips Avenue Diner – This restaurant is one of the most recommended family restaurants in the Sioux Falls area. They serve delicious diner-style food that your children are sure to love. Moreover, if you are into gluten-free and vegan food, you can also find them there.
- Carnival Brazilian Grill – Carnival in Carolyn Avenue, Sioux Falls serves mouth-watering Brazilian grill dishes that are sure to satisfy your family’s meat craving.
- Minerva’s – Minerva’s is the place to go if you want to taste Sioux Falls local cuisine. They also have a family-friendly atmosphere for a great dining experience.
- Original Pancake House – If your kids love pancakes, take them to the Original Pancake house. The place features a comfortable and amazing atmosphere. It opens from 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM. If you do not want to wait in line, come early before the breakfast rush or just right after.
A trip to Sioux Falls is sure to be a memorable experience that your children will surely cherish, there are activities you can do in Sioux Falls. The city provides a wide mix of nature and city activities. There are plenty of incredible restaurants too!