Best Solutions to Fix PS4 Controller Flashing White Issue
It could be very irritating when there’s something obstructing your gaming time. We know gaming is a focused activity and you need to concentrate while playing. If you are using Sony Play Station 4, you might have found the PS4 controller flashing white issue.
Sony’s Play Station 4 is one of the most popular gaming consoles. More than 100 million people purchased PS4. Moreover, this gaming console is popular for its stylish design, high performance, and convenience. If you can’t fix this problem, we are here to help you out.
In this article, we are covering the best solutions for fixing this issue. Moreover, we will also share why you are having a flashing white light bar on your PS4 controller.
Why is PS4 ControllerFlashing White?
Before we start covering the solutions, we need to know about the cause of this issue. As you know, many people have the same problem when they are using this gaming console.
Well, the good thing is when you are seeing the white flashing light, it does not mean your console is at risk. This PS4 controller flashing white issue occurs when there’s a battery problem. Moreover, you can see this light for a connectivity problem as well.
This is a common problem, so you don’t have to worry about it. We are providing some techniques to fix this issue in the following.
How to Fix PS4 Controller Flashing White
Now, you know the reason for the PS4 controller flashing white issue. If you are having the same problem with this gaming console, you need to follow some methods. Let’s find out the best solutions to fix this problem:
Method 1: Reset PS4 Your Controller
If you are having a problem with flashing white, the simplest way is resetting your PS4 controller. According to many users, this method is successful to solve this issue in most cases.
To reset your gaming console, you need to follow some steps:
- First, switch off PS4
- Next, you have to turn around your gaming controller and find the tiny hole. You can find the reset button there.
- You need a tiny object to push the reset button. You can use a pin or a straightened paper clip
- Make sure you are holding the object for a few seconds before removing it
- Then, pair the controller with the gaming console
- Turn on your Play Station 4 and enjoy
Method 2: Start PS4 From Safe Mode
Another popular way to fix the PS4 controller flashing white light issue is staring the gaming console from safe mode. The safe mode of PS4 is helpful for upgrading software and managing databases. If you want to implement this process, you need to follow these steps:
- Turn off Play Station 4 and press the power button. The indicator will start blinking a few times
- You need to press that button for several seconds until you hear two beeps. When you are pressing the button, you will hear the first beep and the second one after 7 seconds
- Connect the controller with PS4 by using a USB
- You need to select the ‘Rebuild Database’ option to clear old databases
Method 3: Update The PS4 Device
Updating the device is one of the best solutions for the PS4 controller flashing white issue. Just like other gaming consoles, PS4 can be damaged in some cases. That’s why updating is essential. Here you can follow these steps to complete this process:
- Press Windows + R to open the ‘Run’ tool
- Locate your PS4 from the list of drivers in the command
- You need to right-click on the controller device and select the ‘Uninstall device’ option
- There will be a confirmation dialog box, you need to check the ‘Delete the driver software for this device’ box. Then, click on the ‘Uninstall’ option
- Download the latest version from Sony’s Play Station support
- Finish installing and use it
Method 4: Use A Micro USB Power Cable
A micro USB power cable can be the best solution for fixing the white light issue. This solution is also easier compared to others. To implement this method, you need to apply the following process:
- Switch off PS4 and put it on sleep mode
- Make sure you are removing all the cables from the gaming console
- Press the power button and drain the charge
- Then, you have to join a micro USB cable with the device
- Press any key of the PS4 controller and start enjoying the game again
Method 5: Change The Configuration With Another Controller
This method is less popular but it can give you the best result to fix the PS4 controller flashing white light issue. In this method, you can use a spare controller instead of the original one.
Before using it, you need to connect the spare controller with Play Station 4. Make sure you are following these steps:
- Go to the settings of Play Station 4
- Select the ‘Bluetooth devices’ option from the ‘Device settings’ section
- You need to pick up the blinking controller and press the ‘Share’ and ‘PS’ buttons. Hold them until the light bar flashes twice
- Reconnect the controller and enjoy your gaming time
Method 6: Check Hardware Issues
The PS4 controller flashing white problem occurs when the device is having hardware issues. That’s why you need to check your controller. Hence, it’s better if you are applying this method before others.
If there’s something wrong with the hardware, your PC will fail to perform. You can apply several methods such as trying another controller, using a new USB cable and resetting the device. If you are unable to fix the problem, make sure you are contacting an expert.
Finally, you know how to fix the PS4 controller flagmshing white problem. We have shared the best six methods to fix this issue. Make sure you are reading carefully before implementing them. If you want to know more about Play Station 4, you can start your research.