Household appliances have become our reliable assistant in all spheres of life, freeing up time and energy for more significant things. Drying machines have also entered everyday life, facilitating and speeding up the drying process of laundry, eliminating the need to hang it, pull ropes, install bulky dryers. However, from time to time, various errors and malfunctions may occur, especially if the operating conditions are violated or the instructions aren’t followed. Not every such issue ends with a call to the service, many of them can be solved without resorting to specialists.
Causes of Drying Machines Breakdowns
Specialists identify a few reasons why your dryer might fail:
- Improper operation by the user. Before contacting the service, make sure that you have selected the correct mode, don’t overload the device and close the door well.
- The instability of the power grid and too high humidity in the room. If the humidity in the room where the dryer is installed increases after drying, there is a leak. Disconnect the machine from electricity and check its back and duct to see how tightly it’s connected and whether there are any cracks in it.
- Uneven rotation of the drum. It can be caused by tangling things into knots. You can prevent the issue by putting your items separately. In general, to reduce the chance of failure, you shouldn’t overload the machine and load the laundry that is too wet. This affects the mechanics of the drum and the heat pump.
- Bad air exchange (and, consequently, overheating). Because of this, the dryer is automatically switched off by the thermal protection system. To fix this, you should check whether the air intake grilles at the rear are blocked. Besides, you need to clean the filters from dust accumulated during operation.
All these issues may lead to dryers repair. Let’s look at the way how one can solve them.
How to Prevent Dryer Failures
In general, you can fix almost any problem but it’s much better not to allow any issue to appear. In order for your dryer to serve for a long time and stably, follow a few recommendations:
- Don’t load too wet laundry inside the dryer. You can exceed the weight limit. In addition, the machine can recycle and overheat while trying to dry very wet clothes.
- Dry clothes according to the provided modes. Here, you will need a competent and careful approach to the use of technology. Don’t try to dry cotton and jeans in the same mode. There are special options for such fabrics. Dumping everything in a heap, you overload the device and knock it down.
- Don’t overload the drum. Carefully study the features of the purchased model and the instructions for it. There will be limits on loading for different types of fabrics. Follow these instructions so as not to overload the drum and not to wear out the engine, drive belt and auxiliary parts.
If any failure occurred, contact some special appliance repair service. Specialists will solve the problem quickly and provide a guarantee.