Managed hosting refers to services that include the management, setup, administration, and support required for running a website. This includes setting up the necessary hardware and software, their configuration, technical support, patch management, maintenance of the systems, their monitoring and updates. When you choose managed hosting services, the hosting company will take full responsibility for the smooth running of your website and its applications. These services also include full support for the resolution of any problems in the working of the website and can be customised to meet the specific requirements of your online business.
Let us look at some of the main features of managed hosting plans:
- Full Technical Support– Managed hosting plans are suitable for businesses that do not have the time and the expertise to deal with the technical issues. These plans include full technical support to manage the website and deal with any problems that hinder its performance. The hosting company ensures that its staff is up to date with the latest technologies and can handle any kind of problem in the running of the website.
- Security- To ensure the security of your website against malware and DDoS attacks and hacking attempts, the managed hosting service provider offers a variety of services such as intrusion detection, protection against spam and viruses, regular malware scans, and SSL certification.
- Data Recovery and Backups-To ensure that your website data is not lost even in case of unexpected breakdowns, your hosting service provider undertakes regular automatic and manual backups. Their expert staff also ensures that your data is recovered with the help of advanced recovery processes.
- Latest Software– The hosting services provider ensures that the software and the programs used to run and maintain your website are updated regularly. The use of the latest updates enhances the security of your website.
Some regular features of managed WordPress hosting plans include:
- Provision of storage and other resources required to run your website and store its webpages.
- Domains and subdomains to organise your website
- SEO tools and email addresses
- Optimisation of WordPress themes and plugins
- Free staging environment that allows you to test the changes before making them visible to visitors.
- Video compression facilities
- Jetpack site analytics allows you to view and analyse visitor traffic.
Benefits of Managed Hosting Services
When you choose managed WordPress hosting plans for your website you do not have to worry about its maintenance and security. This allows you to focus on other aspects of running your business and planning its growth. Some other benefits of managed hosting are:
- It saves your time and effort
- Technical support from experts ensures that problems are resolved immediately.
- Automatic updating of software and hardware to ensure smooth functioning of your website.
- Customisation of the various features and the use of appropriate plugins ensures that your website runs smoothly and efficiently. You can expect a higher uptime, faster loading pages, and a better visitor experience.
Managed hosting plans are a must for businesses looking for the smooth and efficient performance of their website. Your hosting service provider allows you to monitor the performance of your website and marketing efforts from one single dashboard.