Adobe has recently transitioned most of its customers from a single purchase of products to paying subscriptions. It entitles you to cloud storage and ongoing product updates. For instance, Adobe Creative Cloud will let you access a suite of Adobe products. These include Illustrator, Lightroom, and Photoshop until and unless you pay monthly.
However, if you identified that Adobe is not offering everything you require, you may decide to cancel your subscription to Adobe. For this, you should know how to cancel Adobe subscription based on easy steps, which we have discussed in the blog post.
Things to Consider Before Canceling Your Adobe Subscription
You have to consider a few things before you should learn how to cancel Adobe subscription plan. These are as follows-
- When you cancel your subscription to Adobe, you cannot freeze your Adobe account for a few days and return to it while finding it appropriate. Instead, the platform will cancel your account while you have to reactivate it later.
- If you cancel your account for more than 14 days after you pay for an Adobe subscription, you may not get any refund. However, you may benefit from using your paid plan until your billing cycle ends.
- Cancellation of your Adobe subscription never implies the deletion of your account. You have to experience a few downfalls, including the less amount of storage. Hence, if you want to use Adobe after you cancel the subscription, you may change your existing plan.
Steps to Cancel Your Adobe Subscription
Cancellation of your Adobe subscription is easy. You only have to take a few steps to cancel the subscription, which includes the following-
- Access the official website of Adobe and log in by using your account.
- You get an overview of your Adobe subscription in the pop-up after you logged in to the website. The pop-up will also display many options. However, you have to click on Manage your plan to start the Adobe cancellation.
- A new window will display on your mobile or computer screen. Here, Adobe will ask you whether you want to cancel your plan or switch to another one. If you want to cancel the subscription after going through the catalog, you have to click on the option ‘Cancel your plan’.
- The upcoming page will display an automated question by Adobe on the reason you want to leave it. You have to tick anyone of the boxes based on the underlying reason for canceling the subscription. Depending on the requirement and the reason for subscription cancellation, you may add a comment in the comment section. Once you complete everything, you have to click on Continue.
- When you click on Continue to cancel your subscription, Adobe will take steps to convince you to change your existing plan. However, if you are firm in your decision to cancel the subscription, click on No Thanks and move forward.
- After you follow the steps associated with how to cancel Adobe subscription, you will get information related to a few consequences of the cancellation of your subscription. In some situations, you have to pay a small amount. However, the fees you pay depend on your monthly or annual subscription.
- Here, Adobe will again try to convince you to change your decision. For this, it may offer you a few alternative products. In contrast, if you want to go ahead, click on No Thanks again.
- In the last step, you get a review page that highlights each of your details. If you are sure about canceling your present Adobe plan/plans, click on Confirm to end your Adobe subscription.
Terms related to Refunds and Cancellation Fees
You may get refunds while canceling your Adobe subscription. However, the refund depends on the type of subscription you possess and when you have canceled the plan. Accordingly-
- If you cancel your plan within 14 days of your purchase for the first time, you may get refund. However, if you cancel your subscription after 14 days, you cannot get a refund.
- However, if you cancel your subscription after 14 days, you may use your plan for the remaining period of your subscription.
Benefits You Continue to Receive after Unsubscribe an Adobe Plan
You will be eligible for a few limited benefits after unsubscribing from your Adobe plan.
Access to Free Adobe Creative Cloud
Once you unsubscribe from your plan by following how to cancel Adobe subscription, you may continue access to free membership benefits offered by the Free Adobe Creative Cloud. The membership benefits will include cloud storage of 2GB. It also consists of access to applications, like Fresco, Aero, Creative Cloud Express, Adobe XD, and Premiere Rush.
Loss of Content from Adobe Online Storage
If your limit of online storage on Adobe exceeds 2GB while canceling your subscription, you get 90 days for reducing your usage. Once 90 days become over, Adobe will delete your content from the online storage and you will lose the files, which do not have a copy of them on the hard drive.
Cancellation Effects for a Lightroom User
If you are an Adobe Lightroom user, the software will store the original images for a maximum of one year after unsubscribing from your existing plan. During this period, you may Lightroom for downloading original images any time you want. Moreover, you may use Lightroom Classic to access each of your stored photos on the hard drive.
The cancelation of your Adobe subscription will force you to lose access to various services and programs offered by the software. However, if you still want to unsubscribe from your Adobe plan, you may do so by following simple steps. Only you should know that Adobe would grant you a refund only if you cancel it within only 14 days after you pay for any subscription.