Instagram is one of the most popular social media sites which is focused on photos and videos. That’s why we have seen many people looking for the ‘how to edit photos for Instagram’ guide on the internet.
If you are one of them, your wait is over. The craze for social media is increasing day by day. In simple words, we can’t imagine our life without social media platforms, especially without Instagram.
As a newbie user, it can be a bit tricky to upload photos on Instagram. That’s why we will share our step-by-step guide in this post. Keep reading and implementing these steps to get the best outcome. So, let’s get started.
How To Edit Photos For Instagram
The best thing we love about Instagram is it has a built-in editing tool. That means you don’t have to install a third-party app to edit photos. Moreover, you can get some outstanding features and filters.
When it comes to how to edit photos for Instagram, you have to follow some easy steps. As a result, you will get something extraordinary. In the following list, we will share some simple steps that will help you edit photos like a pro.
1. Start With A Quality Photo
The first step you have to do is to select a quality photo. Yes, if you want a good outcome, you have to be choosy about the photo. In this case, make sure you choose a high-quality photo.
It’s more important if you want to grow an audience on Instagram. In fact, your account can be an online portfolio if you are using it for business purposes. So, choosing the right picture is essential.
2. Upload The Photo On Instagram
So, you have selected the right photo. Now, it’s time to upload it on Instagram. It can be a bit tricky if you are a newbie user. To upload a photo on Instagram, go to the plus option in the top right corner of your screen.
Choose a photo that you like and start with the editing process. Well, there are so many options available here. In this case, make sure you are choosing the photo option only.
3. Use Crop Option To Adjust
Instagram provides different cropping options for photos, videos, and reels. When you are uploading a photo for the first time, you have to be careful with everything. When you upload the photo, it will show the grid option.
Here, you can either let the photo untouched or use the crop option. You will find the crop and adjust option in the left corner. In fact, you can also adjust the position manually.
4. Select A Filter
Now, it’s the most crucial step of the how to edit photos for Instagram guide. If you are doing it for the first time, you have to be careful. After uploading a photo, the built-in editor will show you multiple filter options.
Well, it’s up to you. You can choose a filter as per your preference. In this case, you can also adjust the lighting and brightness by using particular options. Tap on each filter and check what goes well with your photo.
However, most pro Instagram users skip the filter option. That’s why the app also provides the editor without using the filter option. It’s the best way to keep your visual balance original.
5. Customize Your Photo
Whether you use an Instagram filter or not, you have to customize the photo before uploading, especially when you want a good result. As we noted before, there are various options available for customizing a photo. Let’s have a look:
- Brightness: Brightness is an essential option for any photo editor. Instagram has a decent brightness option that will let you adjust the photo’s brightness and darkness.
- Contrast: Just like brightness, contrast is another crucial option. Well, you don’t have to use this one always. However, adjusting contrast can give the best outcome.
- Warmth: One of the best things we loved about the Instagram editor is the warmth option. You can use this one to adjust the tone of the picture.
- Color: The color option is very useful in this how to edit photos for Instagram guide. When you use this option, you can adjust the color layers of a picture.
- Saturation: It’s a very unique option on the Instagram photo editor. If you want to adjust the intensity of the color, this option is for you.
- Highlights: By using the highlights option, you can adjust or edit a particular area of the picture. For example, you can increase the brightness of the sky.
- Shadows: The shadows option is quite similar to the highlights option. You can darken or brighten a particular place by using this one.
- Fade: Fade is a unique option that can add different shades to your photo. You can get something different by using this feature.
- Tilt Shift: If you love editing photos, you might know about tilt shift. Well, when you use this feature, it will highlight the focused place while blurring everything.
- Sharpen: Last but not least, sharpen is another good option here. By using this feature, you can add more details to your photo. However, most people prefer to skip this option.
6. Post Immediately Or Save For Later
Finally, your photo is ready for publishing. In this case, you can post the photo immediately by using a caption or save it for later. If you want to publish more than one photo, you have to follow the same process. Well, the good thing is you can upload up to 10 pictures with a single post.
You see, it’s very easy to edit your photos for Instagram. Well, it will increase the quality of the photo. On the other hand, you can also edit stories and reels by using the built-in editor. If you want to learn more about photo editing, you can even do some research on the internet. There are various resources available online.