Makeup removers usually come with many active ingredients to complete the job of removing makeup. However, your skin exposes to solubilizers, surfactants, and emulsifiers in high concentrations every time you apply the makeup remover. Moreover, regular application of makeup remover causes drying out and irritation in the skin.
On the other hand, a few makeup products are harmful to the skin. Hence, prolonged use of such products increases the risk related to skin damages from potentially toxic components. Now the question is how to take off makeup without makeup remover. For this, we have shared a few alternatives to makeup removers.
Common Alternatives to Makeup Removers
You may apply the following makeup remover alternatives to benefit your skin.
Coconut oil is a simple and easy way to remove makeup. Only, you have to take the oil in a small amount on the palm, rub in your hands, and massage it on the face gently. Later, you must rinse off the oil to get a clean and squeaky feeling.
You may even use olive oil to remove makeup by applying a few drops of olive oil to your face and massaging it properly. Wipe the excess oil by using a cotton pad or a clean cloth. Once you remove the makeup residue completely, rinse your face with warm water and a cleanser.
Do you still have questions on how to take off makeup without makeup remover? Try the combination of Aloe Vera water and olive oil to remove your face makeup in no time.
Removal of Waterproof Mascara without Applying Makeup Removers
Waterproof mascara is a unique beauty product, as it withstands your face exposure to sweat, rain, and tears. However, you have to remove waterproof mascara at the end of the day. Otherwise, your face skin cannot heal on its own. The problem is the removal of waterproof mascara is tricky, as they are stubborn products.
Moreover, the application of makeup removers may remove the mascara but chemicals present in it may cause other skin problems. Luckily, we have natural methods to remove water mascara, which include the following-
Method 1-Soak Eyes by Using Petroleum Jelly
- Wash and dry the hands thoroughly to avoid the transfer of any dirt or germ to the eyes.
- Take petroleum jelly in a pea-sized amount on the palm.
- Dip the fingers in the jelly and rub on the eyelashes. Use your forefinger and thumb to coat the upper lashes. Later, use forefingers carefully to rub the product on the lower lashes.
- You must let the petroleum jelly soak on your upper and lower lashes for a minimum of 5 minutes.
- Wipe the eyelashes to clean them by using warm water and a cotton pad. Later, you have to wipe the lashes gently with a cotton pad. You must wipe the mixture by following a downward motion i.e. from root to tip.
- Clean and wash the area surrounding your eyes to remove residues (if any).
Method 2-Use of Baby Oil
Baby oil has always remained an effective natural makeup remover to remove mascara. To use it, you should follow the mentioned steps-
- Damp a cotton pad by taking a small amount of baby oil.
- Close your one eye to wipe the lashes by following a particular direction.
- You must apply gentle pressure to avoid tugging on your eyelashes.
- You should start from the inner corners of your eyes and go along the eye line while wiping downward as you move ahead.
- Repeat the same process on another eye as well.
- Rinse the face by using warm water and rub the affected area to treat it gently.
- Pat the face with a dry and clean towel.
Method 3-Use of Olive Oil
Olive oil gives plenty of skincare benefits. Soak your skin to view the magic.
- Apply olive oil gently across the mascara.
- Use water to splash the eyelids and avoid your eyes to become over greasy from the oil.
- Now, apply 2 drops to 3 drops of olive oil and coat it with a cotton pad.
- Press the makeup pad with olive oil coat against the eyelashes for a minimum of one minute. Doing so will break down the waterproof mascara.
- After one minute, you should wipe the mascara residue gently by following a particular direction.
- Rub the pad below your eye by following an upward direction for removing mascara from the bottom eyelashes.
Removal of Lip Makeup without Applying Makeup Removers
Many women often ask how to take off makeup without makeup remover. However, a few of them also ask how to remove lipsticks without makeup removers.
Use of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly
Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is a classic and multi-purpose cream and it can do much more than simply moisturize your skin. It may peel back stubborn layers of lipstick. Only, you have to apply Vaseline on the lips and allow it to settle for a few minutes. After, use a damp towel to wipe the lips to highlight your soft and fresh pout.
Remove Lipstick On-the-go with Lip Balm
If you have a lip balm with you, you may easily take off the lipstick at the office or school. You only have to swipe the lip balm on the lips to keep it for one minute. Crumple a tissue paper piece to rub it gently across your lips by following a circular motion. The friction eliminates the lip stain within only a few seconds.
Slide off the Makeup with Olive Oil
Take a few drops of olive oil on a small cotton cloth and dab it gently on the lips.
Look for Classic Cold Cream
Cold cream or beauty cream does wonder in cleaning lipstick residues. Just use the fingers for applying the cold cream to the lips. Finally, use a clean cotton pad or tissue paper for wiping off the cream.
Exfoliate with Brown Sugar and Honey
Even though you remove the lip makeup without applying a makeup remover, some amount of residue may leave. Luckily, exfoliators formed by mixing honey and brown sugar may remove dead skin cells and highlight smooth lips.
If you want a natural exfoliator, you must mix brown sugar and honey in equal parts in a bowl and rub the mixture on your lips for a while. Later, you should use tissue paper to wipe the excess mixture and apply a hydrating type of lip balm for the retention of moisture.
Therefore, anyone asks how to take off makeup without makeup remover the answer will be yes, you can remove makeup from your face naturally. What would be better than renewing your skin without relying on any toxic ingredient to damage the skin?