Home Mini is Google’s answer to Amazon Echo Dot. It is a small, cheap speaker with a built-in mic and Google Assistant. In the Google Home app, you can select your home Wi-Fi network and set up your device. You can also link to a Chromecast or Cast-enabled device from within the app, like a TV or sound system. You’re all set when you see “Congratulations” on the screen and a confirmation message about how to connect your devices to other devices.
Of course, each person could have different reasons for problems with Google Home Mini. But learning how to factory reset a Google Home Mini makes it simple to reset the device and re-establish the connection.
What Does a Factory Reset Do on the Google Home Mini?
If you own a Google Home Mini, you might be wondering what a factory reset does. It erases all your data, settings, and apps from the device.
A factory reset is done to restore the Google Home Mini to its original settings. If you ever experience a problem with your device, it might be best to try this before contacting customer support.
How to Reset Google Home Mini (1st Generation) to Factory Settings?
If you are using the 1st generation device, learning how to factory reset a Google Home Mini is helpful when you face a problem. The following steps will help you perform a clean reset, bringing the device to its original factory settings.
- Fortunately, the Google Home Mini device has a dedicated button at the bottom to perform the reset activity. Press and hold the button located below the power cord for about 15 seconds.
- About 5 seconds later, Google Home Mini will begin the process of resetting to factory settings. However, continue to hold the button until you hear the confirmation sound.
- After the beep sound, release the button and allow the device to reset.
How to Reset Google Home Mini (2nd Generation) to Factory Settings?
If you are using the 2nd generation device (now termed Nest Mini), learning how to factory reset a Google Home Mini helps you reset it when you face trouble. In addition, it is helpful to perform it before ringing the customer service center.
The steps are:
- You will notice a toggle button to the side of the Home Mini, which is the dedicated key for the microphone. Slide it to the “Off” position. An orange light flashing at the speaker’s top will notify you that the microphone is switched off.
- At the top center of the device, press and hold the area. It is the same region where you find the lights.
- You will hear a warning after a few seconds stating that you are ready to wipe out all the content from the device.
- Continue to press and hold at the top center of the Nest Mini to proceed with the factory reset process.
- After about 10 seconds into the activity, you will hear a confirmation stating that the reset process is successful.
- You can now lift your finger from the top and proceed with establishing connections once again.
The entire process of resetting Google Home Mini or Google Nest Mini is about a minute. When you perform this action, you are wiping out all the previous connections with the device.
What Happens After a Factory Reset of Google Home Mini?
Now that you have learned how to factory reset a Google Home Mini, it is time to know what happens after the procedure. Upon successful completion of factory resetting the device, Google Home Mini acts as a new device. It means the connections you have established, and your changed settings will be erased. You may also notice a few settings disabled.
As the device is new, you must carry out the setup from scratch and establish connections for which you like to use the Google Home Mini. You should also change the settings as per your requirements.
Three Essential Setting & Setup Steps for Your Google Home Mini
Now that you implemented how to factory reset a Google Home Mini let us see how you can set it up again. You can do it in three steps:
- First, plug the device and connect it to your home Wi-Fi network.
- Now, pair the device with other devices available on the same network. For example, you can pair it up with your smartphone, smart TV, digital audio system, and more.
- Finally, set up voice recognition so you can use it hands-free whenever possible.
Can you Reset Google Home Mini Using App?
It is impossible to reset Google Home Mini using the application provided by Google. However, you can reset the settings through the app, where it will erase all the Wi-Fi settings.
Google Home Mini – Getting the Most Out of It!
The Google Home Mini is a small device that can help you with your daily tasks. For example, it can play music, set reminders and alarms, and answer questions about the weather. Some of these features are: – Voice recognition: The Google Home Mini has a built-in microphone to recognize your voice commands even when it’s not connected to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. So, you don’t need to unlock your phone to use it!
- Create reminders: You can create reminders on the Google Home Mini without using your phone.
- Play music: You can ask the Google Home Mini for a song by title or artist. You can also ask for stations, songs, or albums.
- Set alarms: You can set the alarm on the device and ask it to wake you up in a certain way, like with soothing music or a friendly voice.
- Get information about the weather: Ask your Google Home Mini for what time it will be sunny tomorrow, for example.
Equipping with a solution for how to factory reset a Google Home Mini is helpful when you are facing troubles with the device. Performing a factory reset will erase everything and bring it to the original factory setting condition. Once done, you can set up the device again and check for the problem/problems you faced earlier. If the issue still exists, you can then contact customer service.