Internet will flood you with various options when it comes to live TV apps. These apps offer convenience and flexibility to stream content on the go to watch your favourite TV Channels. You can find popular live TV app on both Google Play and App Store. However, the majority of these apps are accompanied by paid subscription. However, one popular choice is the JioTV app that lets you stream over 600+ live TV channels.
JioTV app comes with a seamless interface on which you can browse through the content hassle-free. Also, this app is exclusively for Jio users so if you have a Jio SIM card you can stream content on the live TV app for free. You can watch a variety of Indian live TV channels along with other global live TV channels. You can switch between channels easily with a swipe back and forth. You can watch the following live TV channels on the app that can keep you hooked for hours.
- Entertainment – Colors, Zee TV, Sony, SAB TV, &TV, Rishtey, Comedy Central. Watch popular TV shows like Bigg Boss, Roadies, MTV Splitsvilla, Kumkum Bhagya, Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, Kundali Bhagya, Shakti Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki, Aladdin, Tujhse Hai Raabta, Yeh Teri Galiyaan, Splitsvilla, etc.
- International TV channels – Comedy Central, Colors Infinity, etc. where you can stream shows like The Big Bang Theory, Friends, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Suits, Schitts Creek, 2 Broke Girl, etc.
- Music – MTV, Sony MIX, ZING, 9xM, E24, B4U, Zoom. Stream unlimited music and the latest music videos on your favorite music TV channels.
- Business – CNBC TV18, CNBC Awaaz, ET NOW, Zee Business, NDTV Profit. Stay updated with the latest news related to Business in the country and around the world.
- Lifestyle – NDTV Good Times, TravelXP, TLC WORLD, Food Food, TLC. You can watch popular TV shows like Wonder Chef, Turban Tadka, Food Paradise, Dare to Wear, Ridiculous Cakes, etc.
The app supports mobile and tablets and is available for download on the Google Play and App Store. You can easily install the app on your device and carry your TV with you anywhere you go. Currently, the web version of JioTV is not available which limits you from using the app on a desktop or laptop. However, if you are a JioFiber user you can use this TV app on your smart TV with Jio set top box.
JioTV is available for all Jio users and with the following smart features of the JioTV app one can enjoy an uninterrupted viewing experience.
- The app is multilingual which lets you explore the content in any major Indian regional languages
- You can use the lock feature to lock the screen for an uninterrupted watching experience
- Using the mini player feature you can stream and browse through the app simultaneously
- You can set a reminder for upcoming TV shows so that you don’t miss out on any new episodes
- Use the advanced voice search for easy discovery of your favourite TV Channels
- Share your favorite programs, in your social network
As mentioned, earlier this app is free and you can log into the app using your Jio ID or Jio mobile number. If you don’t have your Jio ID, you can log into the app using OTP generated via your Jio mobile number.If you have come across any such app which is available for free or at lesser price let us know in comments below.