In the modern world of computers and the Internet, we are all dependent on the World Wide Web for all our activities. The number of users on the Internet every day is increasing steadily. We do all our research, studies, shopping, bookings online. The Internet has become a window to the world, allowing us easy access to anything and everything we want.
[mks_col] [mks_one_half]Hence, it is imperative that as an E-Commerce business owner, you need to market your products online. Marketing has always been the essence of any business. It allows you to, as a business owner to connect with your customer at the right place and time.
But now the situation is different. As your customer is spending more of his/her time on the Internet, what do you as an E-Commerce business owner do? [/mks_one_half][mks_one_half] KEY POINTS.-
- Content Marketing
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Affiliate Marketing
- How To Build Your Digital Marketing campaign?
I am introducing Digital Marketing. The modern and the best way to get to the target customer and sell your products.
There are a majority of people out there that still don’t know the basics of digital marketing. What is Digital Marketing?, What all Comes Under Digital Marketing? What are the types of Digital Marketing? Today we will talk about all the above.
Let us begin…
What Is Digital Marketing?
The first question we must answer before going into What all Comes Under Digital Marketing? Is What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is the aggregate of all the marketing actions and efforts that are done using an electronic medium. It can be a simple email. Other digital sites, like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Search Engines, or any other website that helps you connect with your target customers.
Now it must be kept in mind that Digital Marketing and Inbound Marketing are not the same things. Inbound Marketing is a part of Digital Marketing but not the whole thing.
Why Digital Marketing?
Having talked about the meaning of Digital Marketing now let us discuss why you must go for Digital marketing?
Traditional marketing exists in physical marketing methods like printing ads, calling, flyers, posters, etc. Digital marketing can be done electronically and without any physical aids online.
Hence, this opens up a means of endless possibilities for you to market online through Social media, Emails, website based marketing platforms.
Also, due to the immense opportunities in the digital marketing fields, you can get creative with your strategies. With digital marketing, you can use analytics dashboards, monitor your growth, and even pinpoint your target customer and hence, market your product based on his/her needs. With digital marketing, it is also easier to target your niche market. For example, if you run an automotive repair shop then you can use an automotive digital marketing company for your digital marketing needs who will have all the right contacts for your business.
These pros are not possible in traditional marketing strategies.
Some examples of What all Comes Under Digital Marketing, and what we will be discussing today are
- SEO i.e., Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Pay per Click
- Native Advertising
- Affiliate Marketing
Let us begin our discussions on What all Comes Under DIgital Marketing.
SEO i.e.Search Engine Optimization
SEO is the method that allows your website to get a higher rank in search engine search results. SEO increases the amount of general, organic traffic to your website by making you more visible to the public. The major channels that benefit from SEO are Blogs, Infographics, and websites.
There are numerous ways you can get SEO and generate higher organic traffic to your website:
- On-page SEO – This SEO focuses on all the content that you’re page while looking at your site. You can research keywords, answer questions for the content readers, and get a higher ranking based on your answers on a SERP (Search Engine Result Page). On-page SEO is excellent as you can work on the keywords and hence drive the quality of traffic to your website.
- OFF Page SEO – This SEO focuses on all the content you have on your page while looking to optimize your website. They focus on the activity, not on your website that can affect your web traffic and work on them.
They are inbound links or backlinks. The more publishers, websites that link to your website, more will be your traffic. These backlinks allow your site to be accessible from a lot of different places and hence this growth.
So, by networking and reaching out to publishers, writing posts on their websites, linking their websites to your content, you can get a higher rank in the SERPs
- Technical SEO – This SEO focuses on the backend, coding of your website and pages, etc. This SEO involves image compression, CSS files optimization, structuring the DATA on your page. This SEO can increase your website speed. The increase in the speed of site loading will help a lot in ranking higher in SERPs.
The marketing and promotion of content assets on your page to promote the said content assets, or to generate brand awareness, grow traffic to your website, lead customers to your website is called Content Marketing. The methods of Content marketing are :
- Blog Posts – Writing and publishing blogs and articles are a significant way to increase traffic. It allows you to show the customer your product details, your vision, your services, etc. The posts allow your customer to form a bond with you, thereby leading to an increase in customer visits to your site. Which finally leads to an rise in sales for you.
- White Papers and Ebooks – Whitepapers, Ebooks, and other long-format content also help in informing the customer. These Ebooks allow you to educate the website visitors on your products and your visions. The Ebooks and whitepapers will enable you to publish a lot of content that gives information to the consumer, hence increasing the leads for your website.
An informed and customer can then visit and buy from your website.
- Info-graphics – Reading is fine, but sometimes customers want the visual experience more than reading, in-comes Info-graphics. Info-graphic is a form of visual content. It helps customers visiting your website to visualize the concept and product uses that you are selling.
Infographics hence help the customer better grasp your product uses and increases the end sale of your products.
- SMM or Social Media Marketing
People live the modern-day on Social media. Hence, marketing there is a fabulous way to generate traffic, generate leads, and even create brand awareness to your website. The major players that will help you in social media marketing are:
You can create your social media page for your company. Posting, images, product details, deals, and offers on social media will allow all your followers to be informed.
You can host quizzes, watch parties, or even live stream on the sites and hence keep the customer enthralled. These tactics will keep your company, the brand always at the forefront. Thus, leading the customer to go to your website for all his/her purchase.
Pay Per Click (PPC)
PPC is a way to increase traffic to your website by monetary means. You need to pay a publisher every time someone clicks on your ad. In return, he will post your ad, showcase it on different sites and platforms.
A prime example of Pay per click is Google Ads. Google Ads allow you to pay for the top rank on the Google search engine result page. But you need to pay them every time a customer clicks your ad.
Other platforms where PPC is allowed are:
- PPC ads on Facebook – On Facebook too, you can pay to post an ad. Here the advantage is you can also post a customized video, slideshow, image. Facebook will then publish this ad to people who are interested in similar products as yours. Hence you will be marketing to your target customer only on a larger scale.
- PPC on Twitter – On Twitter Ads you can pay and place several posts, profile badges to news feeds. You can do this targeted to a specific clientele.
These campaigns can be run with the specific goals of more traffic to your website in mind, more followers on twitter, more tweets, or even more app downloads for your business.
PPC on LinkedIn – A relatively new platform that Facebook and Twitter LinkedIn is also a great place to promote and market your business online. You can pay to send direct messages to the LinkedIn users. You can also target the specific clientele and send messages to only the target customer.
This marketing is a performance-based marketing method. In Affiliate Marketing, one can earn through commissions. All one has to do is promote someone else’s product, services on your website.
You can pay some other website owner to affiliate market for you. The ways to affiliate market are:
- Posting affiliate links on social media accounts promoting your business
- Hosting unique video ads through the YouTube Partner Program
Native advertising entitles ads, primarily content-based. These ads are specially featured along with other content, mostly in paid. For Example, Buzz Feed posts and sponsored ads. These are a relatively easy way to market your business Digitally.
How To Build Your Digital Marketing campaign?
Having talked about the various ways and What all Comes Under Digital Marketing, let us now discuss how to build your own Digital Marketing Campaign.
Digital Marketing campaigns are based on the use of innumerable digital tactics, methods to connect with your target clientele. From SEO marketing, Social Media Marketing to even digital advertising, everything falls under Digital marketing.
To get the most out of your digital marketing campaign, you must first strategist on which digital marketing tools to use. Then proceed with zeal in that direction.
You can hire professionals or do it on your own. Just remember the goal is to increase the revenue. Always work with this in mind, and you will succeed.
Visit this website to know more on how to optimize Ad spend and increase marketing ROI with the use of marketing attribution software.
If you like this post make sure to hit subscribe button and be connected for interesting content and take parts in Giveaways for win prize. ASKTOHOW